Thursday, December 9, 2010

piercings



Getting a piercing is a new teenage fad. However I believe it has always been a teenage fad, there are numerous things to get pierced beside your ears. Getting a piercing to me is a way to express yourself although parental may find it rebellious and not advised to get one.  I believe that the most expressive piercing are the naval piercing, nose piercings, upper ear piercings, and lip piercing. I for once received a naval piercing just for the fact that I found it pretty, and it was a way to express myself. I believe that getting theses exotic piercing became popular because it is a way that teenager can express themselves and also piercings are a form of body art.
  Often times teenage fads go out of style, and come and go although this is true body piercings have always been popular amongst the teenage for a really long time and they have always been seen as rebellious in the parental eye. I believe that  getting a piercing should no t be perceived as rebellious s act against parents or authorities. Teenagers should only get piercings if they want to express themselves and find the piercing cute. I feel that it is wrong when teenagers get piercings simply because their friends are getting it, or it is popular amongst a certain group of people. It is hard to keep up with a piercing also you have to take care of it, clean it daily, and keep a ring in it so it doesn’t close, and also piercing can be painful.

1 comment: