Thursday, December 9, 2010

my fav video

My favorite music video is Kanye west’s new music video/ mini movie clip “Runaway”. I like this music video because its really good and it has beautiful images and vivid colors. The music video has much more meaning behind all the symbolism than viewers think. When I first seen this music video I couldn’t believe it was thirty minutes long, and I figured I would watch maybe half of it (if that much). However when I started watching it my whole entire mindset changed. I was captured by the beautiful colors most rapper and singers create music videos that are often times degrading to women, but Kanye has not created your stereotypical music video he has created art. The video is long, but it features a mixture and preview of all o the songs that are offered on his new album “My Twisted Dark Fantasy”. Kanye West is a well-known artist and has proven that he is well known for a reason. The music video features a sphinx, which is a make believe spiritual animal (somewhat of a bird) that symbolized, rebirth, and new life. Throughout the movie Kanye West is searching for this sphinx, and when he finds the sphinx (the sphinx is in a female body) he captures her and keeps he to himself, and she eventually burns(which sphinx are known for). You have to pay attention to several things in his music video like the colors, and the lyrics that are following the several video clips.

No comments:

Post a Comment