Wednesday, December 8, 2010

dressing the part

I feel most comfortable when I dress informally. I despise dressing formally because I fail to comprehend why I need to dress up as something that I am not simply to please insignificant people. I believe that if someone does not except me in my jeans-shirt, and chucks then they do not deserve to be my friend. However the only time I will dress formally is if I am going on an interview for a job, or even a college. However I always wear my selection of jewelry because this simply adds my personality in it. Although jobs and colleges want to see the professional side of you I always believe that they are human enough to appreciate and even admire a hint of your personality. People who dress formally for every occasion such as church, I believe they are somewhat superficial and treat life as if it were a fashion show. Life is not about who has on the newest designer jeans or who has the most expensive purse, so why treat life as if it is your debut as the newest fashion icon or prodigy. I believe that dressing formally is not required for every occasion, I believe it is only required for the work place, and college interviews. I feel that when people dress in their informal clothes such as jeans and a shirt, they are themselves, they possess the freedom to be who they are and who they have always been, however as soon as they slip on a suit, or a dress and heels they transform into what society wants them to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment