Monday, December 6, 2010

i love winter

I was born during the month of July, and most people would think, because of this my favorite season is summer. However, my favorite season is winter. I am a summer baby who hates, and has always hated the summer time.
      I cherish the summer vacations that I have continuously received being a student in school, I love the melting ice cream cones that go on sale during the summer time, and I appreciated the beautiful breeze that occasionally breaks the humid air. But there is something about the winter time that will always capture my heart. The cold air that hits my face and the unpredictable weather that is never appreciated until the hot humid summer begin. During the winter time you can wear layers, and layers of clothes in order to achieve your ideal body temperature, however during the summer time you can sit in your bare skin, and most likely you will still be affected by the still heat that lurks beyond your front door. There are numerous of activities that you can enjoy during the winter time, depending on where you live. If you reside in an area in which you experience the snow, you can go sledding, classically build a snow man, create the everlasting snow angles that your child-like mind will never forget, glide and engrave your name on the smooth surface of an ice skating rink, and admire the graceful way a snowflake drops on the ground.
     Nonetheless, if you reside in an area in which you do not experience snow, you can dance in the rain like the actors carelessly do on the movie screens, take pictures of the incoming midnight thunder clouds, fall asleep listening to the harmonic music the rain creates bouncing off of your window, and you can embrace the simplicity of the cold air as it caress the side of your face.  

No comments:

Post a Comment