Thursday, December 9, 2010

friends

Making a new friend is somewhat easy. The first thing I do when  I want  to make a new friend is make eye contact, if he or she does not come my way first I make the move. I go up to him or her and introduce myself and ask them what his or her name is.  I initiate the conversation with simple questions only seeking to understand who they are better and where they come from. I ask simple questions such as, what is  your favorite sport, when were  you born, what sign are you, what is your favorite color, what is your favorite food, what school do you go to? Also when meeting a new friend you have to carry a positive attitude and be friendly, no one wants to befriend someone who is rude, and inconsiderate of their feelings (those type of friendships will not last). When I get to know the person better I ask question like “what is your most embarrassing moment.
  I love making new friends because I get to expose myself to various backgrounds, and actually have the potential to have made a lifelong friend. It is always fascinating how a friendship can evolve into a lifelong friendship, and best friends. I have made several friends with people that I felt that I would never be friends with but now I am best friends with them. Making friends is a good thing, you allow yourself to become somewhat of a social butterfly when you make friends and if you are a shy person making a new friend will bring you out of your shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment