Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Swish !Whoosh! Crash! These were the only noises I could hear that night. Harry was sleeping on the bunk on top of mines, and sometimes I could hear a creaking noise coming from the wooden floors of the ship at night, which sometimes disturbed me from sleeping. We're supposed to be reaching a land where we will retrieve unlimited resources. Harry, and Jeffrey are my shipmates, they are your typical pirates. They look exactly like the ones you see on television. Harry has a dirty white t-shirt  with small rips, and tears on the front, with a wooden leg, and he talks funny, but that's because he has a lisp. Jeffrey wears this navy blue stripe shirt all day long, and always talks about this woman he fell in love with, every time he gets drunk, half the things he says I'm unsure if its true, or if there ever really was a "Lola". Jeffrey lately has been wearing one those old fashion pirate eye patches, however he has pink eye, that dirty bastard always has something wrong with his eye. I wasn't always a bad talking, drunken pirate. You see I started out in a small town, but my mother didn't have enough money for me, and my siblings, so the oldest had to go, hence me. I roamed the world searching for places to fit in, and the only place I ever fit in was this dirty ole ship. Today has finally arrived and the sun is is bright, this is the best part about being a pirate, waking up to a beautiful scenery, with the  flowing water swaying you back and forth, with the sun caressing the side of your face. Its a typical day for us pirates, wake up dive into the arms of the ocean, climb back on the ship, dry off, drink, eat, drink, sleep, and drink some more. These men on this ship have become my brothers, I wouldn't ever leave this ship. Jeff always talks about how "Lola" offered him to either stay with her, in her native town, or leave and go back to that crummy ship, as she phrased it. Jeff explained to her how he never had a real job, hes only known how to be a pirate, and that's the only thing he ever wanted to do. I don't know what I would do if I was faced with picking between love or staying with my "so-called" family. This ship is my home  I cant picture myself anywhere else but here.

No comments:

Post a Comment