Wednesday, October 13, 2010

swimming

        
                                                     Swimming
          Take a deep breath, and sink into the bottomless sea blue pool. It was the best summer of my life; I turned eleven years old, and just moved to Los Angeles, California. Before my move to Los Angeles, I had no idea how to swim, my dad tried, and tried to teach me to swim, but I still found it difficult.
      One sunny summer day I worked up the courage, and bravery seemed to rush through my veins. I entered the cold pool; the water slowly began to rise up toward my kneecaps, and eventually to my shoulders. As the water level began to take over my body, the ultimate test came; I took a deep breath, and went beneath the watery horizon. I began to count one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, all of a sudden I lost control of my breath.
         I inhaled the water so quickly. Water shot straight up my nose, and felt like it hit my brain. I darted above the water, and was finally put out of my watery misery. I flew out of the pool, and grabbed the warmest towel, and dried off. I looked back at the pool, and was somewhat sad about my devastating defeat against the pool. My nose still had at weird tingly feeling. I left the pool that day feeling like a quitter, but I knew I would come back with a new, and braver attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment